Sunday, November 10, 2013

Road to the Roar in Kitchener

For my first mini road trip in Ontario, I headed west of Toronto for 100-plus kilometers to Kitchener. I spent the day at the Memorial Auditorium at the Road to the Roar curling event. 

Twenty-four teams from across the country were in Kitchener this week in search of their Olympic dreams. Four teams from this qualifier bonspiel (two men, two women) will punch a ticket to Winnipeg next month in the Roar of the Rings Olympic Trials. That event will determine Canada's representatives in Sochi.

BC's upbeat Kelly Scott speaks to the media.

It was great to be back at a major competitive curling event.  I had a role to play, as a blogger for The Curling News. Here are my observations:

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013/11/road-to-the-roar-2013-sunday/

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013/11/road-to-the-roar-2013-saturday/





Over the years, I've had the opportunity to attend many major competitions including the 2001 Olympic trials in Regina and gold medal games at the Salt Lake 2002, Torino 2006 and Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.

And I saw every game at the 2010 Paralympic Games as a sportswriter for the Paralympic News Service.

So, now it's time to stop writing about curling and actually get back onto the ice and throw rocks and do some sweeping. I haven't joined a team in Toronto but have put the word out that I'm available to spare!

Good curling.

No comments:

Post a Comment