Saturday, November 30, 2013

Eight weeks in Toronto

As we head into December, I am heading into my third month of living and working in Toronto. Here are some random photos and thoughts - in no particular order or preference - summarizing a few highlights of my first eight weeks here in T.O.

The ever-changing views of Lake Ontario from my 36th-floor window.
 
Christmas window at The Bay on Queen St. reminds me of the famous Woodward's windows in Vancouver.


ONroute stop on Hwy 401 between Toronto and Kitchener. These are "one-stop shop" locations on some of the highways in Ontario with services such as Tim Hortons and Starbucks, tourism info and gas stations. They're called "beacons of hospitality, convenience, innovation and safety." I think it's a great idea.

The Royal Canadian Curling Club on Broadview. My first on-ice curling experience in Toronto. This club deserves a full, future blogpost!
St. Paul's Basilica Parish. I've been to mass here a couple of times. Established in 1822, this is the first Parish of the Diocese. Located on the east side of downtown Toronto.
The Spadina Garden on Dundas and Bay.  I found a ginger beef and hot and sour soup lunch special. It was good, but my quest for this dish and soup will continue.

First snowfall of the season on Nov.23. The view from my window after a quick 10-minute snow flurry - or snow squall as they're called here.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment