Saturday, October 26, 2013

Looking at the lake


When I decided to relocate to Toronto for my stint with the TO2015 Pan/Parapan American Games, I wanted to experience downtown urban living -- something different from my house and neighbourhood on a residential street in East Vancouver.

I am in a 36th floor studio condo on the shore of Lake Ontario in a neighbourhood appropriately called "Waterfront and Islands."


According to the promotional material, the waterfront was a landfill in the early 1800s, then an industrial area with factories.  Now it's a mixed-use community with condos, recreational attractions and dining.  More info: http://www.waterfrontbia.com/index.asp

From my perch on the 36th floor, I have seen stunning sunrises, a rainbow and a full moon beaming down onto Lake Ontario.

It's certainly a big change from the grass and trees on my street in Vancouver.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots Sam! Are those taken with your phone or a camera? Quite impressive.

    Yes, it certainly is a change from East Pender St. Sounds like you're enjoying the different locale.

    I'm back in the airport in Mesa, AZ again - but I think we'll have luck this time. There is sunshine up north, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie. The pics are taken with my Canon camera. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete