Monday, February 17, 2014

Frozen Falls


With endless extreme weather statements, watches and warnings for my first Toronto winter, one positive outcome was a chance to see the majestic Niagara Falls in a frozen state.

 
 
 
 
 

Here are some historic photos of the frozen falls.
I'm certain this won't be my only photos of the falls as I expect to visit Niagara a number of times while I'm in Ontario.

 

And speaking of ice, the Great Lakes are almost completely frozen over this year with 88 per cent ice coverage.  The last time there was this much ice on the lakes was two decades ago.
Overall, I have no major complaints about the Toronto weather -- at least it's not raining! And I am enjoying the sunshine, clear skies and stunning sunrises that I see from my lakefront condo.


However, one does get a little tired of layering and bundling up day after day.  The temperatures are expected to rise above zero this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment